The type of RV called a toy hauler has been a favorite of motor home enthusiasts, especially those who enjoy adventure. Adventurers who travel in the summer months, as well as the winter months, have found the toy hauler the best recreational vehicle unit option for them because it is designed to haul toys (canoes, snow mobiles, jet skiis, etc.). There are many makes and modesl of the toy hauler, but they all have been designed for the same premise, which is to haul in a convenient fashion while traveling long distances (or short).
The following information on the toy hauler may help you decide if it is just the motorhome towable unit for you and your traveling needs.
- Do you travel for the sake of adventure, going mountain biking, skiing, or off roading? Have you found that you have not been able to transfer your four-wheeler to the mountains of Colorado when you and your family head out west? Then, a toy hauler could be for you.
- The toy hauler length can range anywhere from 19 feet up to 40 feet. The size will depend on what you like to tow with you in your toy hauler. Think about what sports or activities you like to participate in, such as water skiing, ATV, wave runner, or even snow mobiling.
- You can find a toy hauler that offers a luxurious floor plan and model, or one that is more budget friendly. The basic toy hauler will have sleeping space, storage space, bath, and kitchen areas. As with any recreational vehicle, you can upgrade for a cost with slide-outs, higher grades of interior details, and more.
- You can buy this towable unit or fifth wheel used or new, and the price will range from $15K to higher.
- When you are looking at the travel trailer, make sure you know what vehicle will be pulling it and what its towing restrictions or limitations are before buying a unit. Most towable units can be towed by a truck or large SUV. The fifth wheel type motor homes have their own requirements, so make sure you assess your towing vehicle so that it can properly pull what you want it too in a safe manner.
The towable recreational vehicle unit is a great way to combine the RV experience with active adventure. Think about how you and your family members like to travel and see if this route if for you.