Pedata RV Center releases their Top 5 list of improvements that have been made in the last century of RVing. Going from the original 1916 Model T to the modern Class A RV is a story in evolution. This century of RVing was recently celebrated by many in the industry including the RVIA. The RVIA’s celebration included sponsoring a road trip representing the last 100 years of RVing.
David Woodworth drove both a 2010 Fleetwood Discovery and a 1916 Model T with a Telescope Apartment. The Telescope Apartment (state of the art in 1916) offered a basic sleeping/storage compartment making this vehicle the first recreational vehicle.
Top 5 Improvements from Model T to Class A:
1. Space: Class A RVs offer more space than many apartments.
2. Fuel efficient diesel engines: some RVs boast 18-22 miles per gallon.
3. Kitchen conveniences: modern RVs often include every kitchen convenience (oven, stove, sink, etc.)
4. Bathroom conveniences: modern RVs often include every bathroom convenience (toilet, sink, shower, bath, etc.)
5. Luxury: TVs, full size beds, slide outs, awnings…you name it and it’s an option that either comes with your Class A or can be added easily.
Gerard Pedata of Pedata RV Center responds, “The 100th year of RVing is definitely something to celebrate. The RV industry is definitely a lesson in evolution. But the most interesting thing is that the reason people love RVing is the same today as it was 100 years ago. People love the versatility, the freedom and the accessibility of being where they want to be whenever they want to be there.”
Pedata RV Center sells motorhomes with their full inventory available for viewing online 24 hours a day (Class A, Class C, Class B, Fifth Wheel, etc). They also provide a wide variety of industry specific information to ensure that consumers in the market for motorhomes are aware of the various options and features available in the industry.