Pedata has increased its inventory of motorhomes for sale, as they are anticipating an increase in the number of people that will be vacationing in an RV this year. This will create an upswing in the number of RVs to be purchased for the Spring/Summer travel season of 2013.
The Recreational Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) has collected data through an annual poll called the Campfire Canvass Survey. The results of this survey of RV owners indicated that seventy-one percent of them stated that they would be traveling in their RVs this summer. This is a substantial increase over the figures of 2012.
- When asked why they prefer RV travel over conventional travel, the answers by the RV owners were as follows:
- Seventy-eight percent said that they enjoyed being outdoors, and that RV travel was conducive to that lifestyle.
- Seventy-two percent cited that they preferred more mini vacations throughout the year rather than one long trip. By taking the RV, it becomes easy to stay close and travel less distance.
- Sixty-two percent of the travelers felt that they could be closer with their families by traveling in an RV, and that the time spent together was of a higher quality.
- Fifty-nine percent of the responders said that they felt more relaxed in an RV, that it helped them escape the day-to-day stresses of life.
One of the biggest differences in the Campfire survey results of this year as compared to last year is that there were only thirty-four percent of the travelers that said that they would not travel in an RV because of high fuel prices. This is a twenty-four percent drop from last year, when fifty-eight percent reported that they would not travel in an RV due to the cost of fuel. Those that are concerned with fuel costs but will still travel in an RV stated that they would simply modify their plans in order to travel less distance. They further stated that they might stay longer in each location to cut down the number of miles traveled.
According to the survey, seventy-three percent of the travelers think that right now is the best time to purchase an RV. Many said that it is because it is the most comfortable and convenient way to travel, while others believe that the prices are very low right now on both new and used RVs, and that those wishing to purchase one should take advantage of that.
A very common benefit cited by the travelers is that pets can join them on their journeys. They not only want to be with the pets, but they save the cost of a pet sitter or care facility, which cannot happen with conventional travel.
Pedata RV Center knows all of the benefits of traveling in an RV, and they provide their customers with the information and assistance that is needed to help them get into the best model of recreational vehicle for them. We carry used motorhomes for sale, as well as used travel trailers, fifth wheels and campers. Our complete inventory is available for perusing online. Because of our low overhead costs, we can forward the savings onto our customers, offering the best prices they will find anywhere in the country.