Pedata RV Center releases 6 quick driving tips to decrease gas costs while pulling travel trailers and/or driving motorhomes or RVS.
6 Quick Driving Tips to Decrease Gas Costs while pulling travel trailers or driving a RV/motorhome:
1. Avoid quick acceleration. If your RV (or truck/SUV pulling a travel trailer) has cruise control frugal drivers should take advantage of it to decrease the likelihood that there will be unnecessary acceleration on the road.
2. Avoid speeding. If drivers aren’t willing to drive the speed limit because it’s the law they may not be willing to drive the speed limit to decrease the cost of gas on a trip with a travel trailer, but it is an effective method of decreasing gas costs on a road trip.
3. Take advantage of overdrive gears when possible.
4. Keep windows rolled up while driving on the highway. This is a simple matter of wind resistance. And it does make a difference.
5. Plan in advance (or stay on top of things with your smart phone) to take the quickest route to your destination and avoid traffic where possible.
6. Turn off your vehicle or RV when it is stopped for over a few minutes. Idling for longer than a few minutes will increase gas costs.
Gerard Pedata of Pedata RV Center said, “We are finding more and more that individuals interested in purchasing travel trailers are doing so in a very finance conscious mindset. They are curious to know the tips of the industry that make RVing even more affordable. They want to know how to get the most out of their RV or travel trailer and one of the most commonly discussed related issues is the cost of gas. These tips may seem simple, but they can make a drastic difference on a road trip with your travel trailer or RV.”
Pedata RV Center sells used RVs, travel trailers, fifth wheels, campers, and motor homes. Their full inventory is accessible online and due to their low overhead costs they are able to offer competitive pricing in their industry. Easy access to industry and recreational vehicle information allows consumers to have access to the specific knowledge they need to ensure their purchase results in long term satisfaction.