There’s a lot of information out there for RVers looking to include small children in their “on the road” escapades. There’s also plenty of information on kid-friendly RV cooking, kids’ crafts that can be incorporated into RV travels, and even educating children through effective home schooling methods while enjoying a full time RV lifestyle. What some find surprising is the lack of information on entertaining the children while attempting to find used RVs for sale.
It may seem silly to those who have ready-made babysitters in nearby family or friends, but there are many parents and/or guardians out there without the luxury of free daycare for their kids. This can make it difficult, annoying and potentially impossible to successfully find used RVs for sale.
The search for a recreational vehicle that not only fits into a family’s budget, but also fulfills their individual style and preference needs can be tedious. In this instance, tedious means that the search requires attention to detail and a substantial physical and mental time investment. For those who simply can’t invest the extra cash to provide their cherished little ones with appropriate daycare and simply don’t have the mental energy left to pull a Supermom or Superdad by entertaining them while simultaneously investing the appropriate care into their consideration of all the used RVs for sale, there is another answer.
While we don’t recommend sitting children down in front of a “screen” regularly, there are instances (like RV shopping) when the iPhone’s entertainment capabilities can be a complete lifesaver for frazzled parents. Before cancelling the entire RV shopping expedition because the kids (or the parents) simply can’t handle anymore, pull out the iPhone and access one of many applications that could provide the opportunity for children to be safely entertained, and for the “adults” in the room to get down to the brass tacks of identifying and obtaining the best available RV.
These iPhone Applications Come Highly Recommended:
- 123 Color Talking Coloring Book – Simple and easy coloring application without the mess and potential damage to the dealership that comes with traditional paper and crayons.
- The Man Who Stared at the Sky – An interesting and fun interactive story book that kids love.
- Amoeboid –This action packed game takes place in a petri dish and teaches basic scientific terms, concepts and principles as children play as Phoebe the Amoeba.
- Tonji the Musical Ambassador – This is a cross-cultural game providing the opportunity for kids to learn about different music and languages from various areas throughout the world. Children travel the globe by experiencing various cultural musical experiences.
- Tangaroos – Tangram puzzles have long been a prized developmental tool. Now every parent can provide their children with an easy and fun, but educational game simply by pulling out their phone.
Most iPhone users have their own favorite “games” or pass times, but there are many who forget that while it is very commendable to limit the amount of screen time children are spending daily, it’s not always the worst idea. Sometimes it’s the one thing standing between a really good parent and a really good parent minus their sanity. Utilizing available tools like the iPhone apps can greatly increase the potential for success when shopping around amongst the many available used RVs for sale.