Our neighbors to the north enjoy their camping just as much as we do. Canada is a great place to visit, and it is relatively simple to go across the border. There are, however, some things you need to know before you take your fifth wheel or motor home into Canada.
Important things you need to know going into Canada
- If you are traveling alone with children under the age of 18, they must carry a letter from the absent parent giving permission for the child to travel with you.
- If you have a criminal record including drunk driving, you may be kept out of Canada.
- If you are traveling with a cat, or dog, you must bring a current rabies vaccination certificate signed by a veterinarian and with a description of the animal.
- If you plan to hunt in Canada, know what their regulations are regarding firearms, and declare your weapon at the border.
- Everyone must have proof of citizenship.
What you can expect in the way of RV Campgrounds in Canada
There is a wide range of facilities in Canadian RV Parks. They have full service resorts with amenities, and delightful backwoods campgrounds. Some parks only offer 15 amps, and you’d be unable to run your air conditioner – but you probably wouldn’t need it in the cooler climate. There are municipal campgrounds in many places. Summer is a great time to camp in Canada, but the beauty of spring and fall draws many as well. Some go for the winter sports. Canada is truly a country for all seasons.