There are many people who own RVs who have a spirit of philanthropy. These folks hit the road in their RVs over spring break, the summer or winter months, or throughout the year spending time volunteering while they travel. You may be surprised at the endless opportunities that exist for owners of RVs who are interested in combining vacation with charitable efforts.
Five tips on traveling RVs while helping others:
1. Volunteering while traveling in RVs means that those doing the work are not getting paid. Thus, one of the most important things to do before you partake in such an adventure is to consider your budget and budgetary limitations. This is especially important if you plan on missing your day time job for a lengthy period of time on your recreational vehicle service vacation. Master your budgetary expenses before moving forward with making any commitments.
2. Once you know how much you need to live off of while traveling in RVs for philanthropic causes, assess the timing of your adventure. This is important because you will want to tailor your volunteer efforts in RVs so that they complement how long you and your family or friends are available to help. For example, will you be volunteering short term, long term, or on a select seasonal basis. There are opportunities for each, so you just need to do your own personal analytics before committing to one nonprofit cause or another.
3. Decide on an area within the United States where you would like to travel in your motorhome during the trip. If you are limited on where you can go to due to timing, then make note of that as well. By having a geographic location decided on, choosing an ideal service will become easier.
4. The next helpful hint to charitable recreational vehicle travel is for you to sit with your family and/or traveling companions to see which philanthropic causes are attractive to all of you. Make a detailed list (saving the environment, marginalized youth, education, rescuing animals, etc.) of where your passion resides, as this list will be a guiding factor in helping you choose the right cause to volunteer with during your motor home excursion. Narrow the list down to the top three, which will make it easier to find a non profit organization that matches all of your needs.
5. Spend time on the internet looking up the different charitable causes that you have narrowed down to on your list. You will be able to use the information from the tips listed above to help guide your process of finding the ideal cause and nonprofit for traveling with a motor home or travel trailer. Find something that complements where you want to go and what you want to do when volunteering. Look at national park websites, national organizations websites, as well as local non profit sites. Do not be afraid to pick up the phone and call the organizations you are wanting to serve, so that you can have all of your questions answered and details locked down before committing.
There are many genres of philanthropic organizations across the nation that offer volunteer opportunities for travelers. You can find something that suits your traveling restrictions as well as your heart. Take this opportunity to help others while traveling and then pass the idea on to your RVing friends.