Some RVers that own smart phones made the purchase in order to enjoy access to games and social media. Others turn to the smart phone as a way to improve their ability to keep in touch with work or personal contacts through constant access to calls, texts, emails, etc. Some weren’t sure why they desperately needed a smart phone, but simply felt that the seemingly universal dependence on the tiny devices must mean they were missing something important. The expert recreational vehicle owner with even the smallest amount of smart phone savvy will be able to instantly assert that the most useful feature of this particular device is actually the easy access to RVing and camping applications. For those who are set against the smart phone, there are a few camping and RVing applications that will result in a change of heart.
Smart phone owners can find a multitude of helpful applications simply by searching for camping in the application store. For RVers who find themselves overwhelmed by the sheer number of applications that sound indispensable, start with one of these popular RVing choices:
- We Camp Here application: Offers a map highlighting nearby campgrounds. Detailed campground information is available on every campground listed. Users are able to access other user reviews, leave their own reviews of the campgrounds, access directions to the site, access visuals of the campground and call for reservations.
- Walmart Parking Lot Camping application: For RVers looking for a free place to stay for the night, this application is the perfect solution. This application shows nearby Walmart stores that allow overnight parking. It also offers information on nearby amenities.
- Coleman Camping Cookbook application: While there are many cookbook applications available, this one is designed specifically for the camper or RVer. It offers a meal planning tool and detailed menus.
- Creepy Campfire Tales application (also from Coleman): This fun application is all that is needed to create a spooky tale while sitting around the campfire with the kids. It provides access to a collection of spooky tales and even includes sound effects.
- Gas Buddy application: Finding the cheapest gas for the RV has never been this easy. This application can be utilized to pinpoint the gas stations nearby and easily locate those offering the lowest price per gallon.
- Fuelculator application: As the name indicates, this application will help recreational vehicle owners approximate their fuel costs prior to departure which can be an indispensable budgeting tool.
RVing is a serious pursuit for many, but no matter how serious it gets, RVing is, first and foremost, based on the pursuit of recreation. That’s why it’s called the recreational vehicle. Take some of the stress out of the trip with easy to use and affordable smart phone applications. It will increase the chances that you’ll remember the “recreation” part of the trip rather than the fussing over details and management of logistical issues.