Sometimes it is a lot more difficult to explain to friends and loved ones what was so wonderful about a trip in the recreational vehicle than it is to actually plan, execute and enjoy the RV travel. It seems a little backwards since talking is usually so much easier to accomplish than action. For many the entire issue could be solved by simply adopting better habits for RV travel photography. Vacationers don’t have to be professionals in order to get pictures that will accurately represent the sites and activities that they experienced on the latest trip in the recreational vehicle. Following a few basic photography tips can drastically increase the average RVer’s photographic success.
Photography Tips and Hints for RVers:
- Be Prepared: The RVer’s camera should be given just as much importance as the cell phone. Charge it regularly to avoid a dead battery when the perfect shot arrives. Empty the memory regularly and store your digital photo files appropriately to protect them from loss or damage and to avoid a “full memory” when it’s time to get some pictures.
- Know Your Camera: If a camera comes with an owner’s manual or quick start guide it should be read prior to using the camera. Actually reading this material will maximize the user’s ability to successfully capture impressive shots.
- Check Your Settings: It’s important to check the camera’s basic settings prior to taking a shot. In too many cases, the settings have been knocked around during transportation or storage and the photos will be poor quality at best. Verifying the accuracy of camera settings will avoid a lot of frustration due to having shots that should have been great turn out mediocre or poor.
- Eyes Open: The photographer should keep both eyes open when taking shots. This increases the field of vision so the photographer won’t miss any action.
- Be Patient: Wait for the best shot. Many photographers will agree that they get their best shots when they thought they were just about to miss the opportunity entirely.
Successfully photographing the best of RV travels makes remembering it more fun and relaxing. It also makes it more fun for all the friends and loved ones who are listening to RVers reminisce about the latest trip. A good photograph is worth a thousand words. In today’s fast moving society, there aren’t many friends or even loved ones who will spend the time to listen to a thousand words regarding a road trip; no matter how amazing it was. So RVers should make sure to document the trip with a series of visual reminders of the highlight. It will not only increase the traveler’s ability to remember the details, but it will increase the ability of listeners to last until the very last highlight of the trip has been revealed.
RVers looking to share their RV travel photos with more than just the select friend or two are encouraged to submit photos to Pedata through the company Facebook page. Sharing favorite campgrounds, activities, and hot spots with other RVers can not only be fun, but some lucky photo submissions will win RV and travel related prizes due to frequent photo contests hosted on the Pedata RV Center Facebook page.