“Are we there yet?” Sound familiar? Anyone who has ever traveled with young children knows this question by heart. Your RV rental trip will be no exception. What are some fun things families can do on a road trip in a Class A motor home?
Things to do with children
- Play, “I’m Going on a Road Trip.” Start with something that begins with “A” and work your way through the alphabet with each participant naming all that went before. If you miss, you drop out until the last person is the winner.
- The License Plate Game is an oldie but goodie. Players keep track of the states on the license plates. First person to get all 50 states wins. Vary it by looking only at motor homes.
- Take along some Model Magic for kids to sculpt something they see. It’s non-messy, and it dries in a short time. Guaranteed to keep most kids quiet for awhile!
Things for teens to do
- Have a backpack of goodies for each of your teens. Some of the contents might be an iPod, or an Mp3 player – preferably with ear buds.
- If your teen has a cell phone, that should be in the backpack along with the charger so he can keep in touch with his friends at home.
- If you have both teens and younger children, encourage the teens to set aside some of the day to play a game with the youngsters.
If you can find a book on CD that everyone would enjoy, take it along to put in the player.