One of the joys of the RV lifestyle is being able to pare down the “stuff” in your life. So, after you’ve been to the RV sales, give yourself some time, and a few short trips in your RV before you begin accessorizing your motorhome. Purchase only whatever accessories will enhance your life. Here are some ideas.
Some useful RV accessories
- If you like to cook, and plan to eat most of your meals in your Class B, a counter extension will come in handy.
- A small crock pot makes cooking easier on days when you’re out hiking or otherwise occupied.
- Step rugs will help you keep the interior of your travel trailer cleaner.
- If your Class A, or Fifth Wheel do not come with a washer and dryer, you might like to have some installed. You can do small loads more often, and more conveniently than you can using Laundromats.
- Your own RV tool kit makes it easier to do small repairs.
- A cover is a good way to protect your investment from inclement weather if you are parking it somewhere for awhile.
- It’s nice to have a GPS – but don’t leave the paper maps behind.
- Pick up a small carpet sweeper, or vacuum to clean the inside.
- A good campground directory may not qualify as an accessory, but it is worth its weight in gold. Take along a couple of them.
- If you’re pulling a “toad” you’ll need a tow bar.