There are a lot of folks who choose to change their eating habits as a New Years resolution. They want to eat healthy and lose weight. If you are a fifth wheels or RV owner, the good news is that you, too, can maintain such a goal and resolution. Making healthy choices for snacks when traveling via motor home or fifth wheels is not as difficult as it may seem.
Fifth wheels and RV travel often means that you remain sedentary for periods of time because you are driving from location to location. It also means that you are surrounded by fast food options and junk foods. These easy to grab snacks are not the way to lose weight when traveling by fifth wheels or motorhome. If you spend time planning your fifth wheels trip ahead of time, then you can pack snacks wisely and enjoy a healthy RVing lifestyle.
By choosing to eat healthy while traveling, either full time or on a weekend vacation in fifth wheels or a Class A, Class B RV, or Class C motor home, you can maintain and/or lose weight. Think about what healthy snacks are in tune with your diet or are recommended for you to enjoy so that you can avoid keeping junk food stashed in your fifth wheels or other travel trailer.
Think about packing the snacks listed below in your RV or fifth wheels. These healthy suggestions are ideal for you and your traveling companions, especially when that feeling of boredom, anxiousness, or stress overcomes you while on the road.
1. Eat more carrots. This healthy vegetable is offered at most stores and often comes pre-peeled for your convenience.
2. Homemade Beef Jerky can be found in many towns throughout the nation, and it is a protein. You can also purchase it to keep in your RV at the store or local market.
3. Take nuts on board the RV with you. This healthy snack is a great protein source that can boost your energy. There are lots of nut types to select from, so do some research and pick healthy ones.
4. Keep a bag of apples in the RV camper. Apples are not expensive and can be purchased in a bulk amount. Enjoy the juiciness of this fresh fruit while you travel in your motor home.
5. Water is key to a healthy lifestyle, especially when traveling. Traveling can make you dehydrated. Keep water on board at all times. Drinking water also has been known to aid in curbing hunger.
Do not be afraid to take that RV vacation if you are trying to lose or maintain weight. Plan ahead and go to the store to stock your motor home frequently. Avoid the common junk foods by making healthy, smart decisions.