The fifth wheel trailer is a favorite in the industry. Many find it the best option because it sleeps so many. Many find it the best option because of all the available slide out features. Many find it to be the best because they can park, unhitch, set up camp and then drive off to explore without disturbing their campsite. Whatever reason you have for loving your fifth wheel trailer there’s one thing that can’t be ignored…certain items have to be packed prior to each trip.
Most of us know that packing is an unavoidable part of any trip. Long, short, spontaneous…it doesn’t matter. A trip away from home is going to require that you pack something. And this is a part of the RVing process that many RVers see as a great advantage when it comes to owning their own RV. They can decrease the amount of packing required by treating their RV as a constant that is always ready for the next road trip.
What are some common things to pack that RVers keep stocked to decrease the hassle before a trip?
- Non-perishable food items
- Paper goods: paper towels, napkins, paper plates, paper cups, toilet paper, tissue paper, etc.
- Games: some RVers keep video games on board. Other RVers keep a stock of the old, tried and true board games and card games that never get old.
- Movies and books: many RVers keep a handful of movies and books on board for entertainment while out and about. Some are turning to electronic modes of movie and book viewing like movies stored on an external hard drive and books on Kindle or Nook or iPad.
- Hygiene items: toothbrushes, toothpaste, soaps, shampoos, etc.
- Cleaning items: sponges, basic cleaners, etc.
- Kitchen necessities: pots, pans, dishes, utensils, etc.
No matter what it is that you feel the need to pack, if it’s something that you find yourself packing EVERY time maybe you need to consider making it a permanent RV item. This will decrease your to do list prior to a trip and make getting ready easier. And anything that makes getting out on the open road easier is a good thing.