Fifth wheel campers are recreational vehicles that are pulled by a truck. This large truck is built with a unique type of hitch that is mounted on the bed. Fifth wheel campers are towable units and are the perfect way for some RVers to hit the road. Read the facts on fifth wheel campers to see if they are the type of motor home for you and your traveling needs.
Facts on fifth wheel campers to help you learn more:
1. The gooseneck hitch found on fifth wheel campers makes them drive easier than other RVs.
2. Fifth wheel campers are also believed to make turns that are safer and more stable.
3. Heavier weights can be towed by fifth wheel campers because of the gooseneck hitch. Towing heavier items may cause a gas costs to increase when traveling.
4. Due to the size of the hitch, the size of the truck or towing unit must be large. Oftentimes, the truck has no tailgate.
5. Fifth wheel campers are thought to be one of the largest, most luxurious towable recreational vehicles available. Many have several slide-outs, creating larger space in the interior of the motor home when it is parked.
6. You will find that fifth wheel campers can sleep up to 8 people.
7. There are a variety of layout options available in this luxury motor home unit. The bedroom will often have a king sized bed, while the kitchen has full sized appliances.
8. If you go camping in your RV, you have the option to detach the fifth wheel and park it at the site. Then, you can take your towing vehicle out and about, visiting towns and site seeing.
9. When towing such a large travel trailer, you need to have a large truck or SUV that has towing capacity that suits your needs. Look for heavy-duty capabilities before you commit to buying the trailer.
10. These large travel trailers can be some of the most expensive on the market because they offer luxury and extravagance. Do some cost comparisons between makes and models to see what amount of space you need. If you do not need such large living areas, then check out some of the new lightweight travel trailers that are available.
You may find that this type of RV unit is perfect for you and your family. Just make sure you test drive, cost compare, know your budget, and do all the research you need before you make the purchase. You want to buy something you can afford that suits your needs so that you can live a happy life on the road.